Outlook Problem with OS Lion

Reaction score
Newbie here with a problem.
After upgrading to Lion on my 2011 Macbook Pro I'm having problems with my 2011 outlook for Mac constantly refreshing or hesitating while writing emails. Cursor will stop after 6 or 7 words and the pinwheel will pop up and spin for about 2 to 3 seconds before it will continue letting me write. It didn't happen right away but it seems to be getting worse as time goes on.
I've repaired my disk permissions thru disk utility and it seems to make no difference. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
David

OP
D
Reaction score
Newbie here with a problem.
After upgrading to Mountain Lion on my 2011 Macbook Pro I'm having problems with my 2011 outlook constantly refreshing or hesitating while writing emails. Cursor will stop after 6 or 7 words and the pinwheel will pop up and spin for about 2 to 3 seconds before it will continue letting me write. It didn't happen right away but it seems to be getting worse as time goes on.
I've repaired my disk permissions thru disk utility and it seems to make no difference. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
David

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not cross post or double post. I've merged your posts together here in the correct forum. It has nothing to do with "Running Windows.......".

OP
D
Reaction score
my apologies. I posted a second time because I thought it might be in the wrong section.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" rMBP Mid-2014 ~ iPad 4 16GB ~ iPhone 6 Plus 16GB
I used Outlook 2011 for a trial period and had no such issues with it (although I opted to use Mac Mail and Home and Student version of Office).

I have a couple of suggestions:
-Data file: how big is it and is Outlook possibly doing maintenance/checks on it?
-IMAP: if you're using it, possibly Outlook is downloading heaps of mails.
-If it is something limited to when composing a mail, try and disable things like Spell Check to see if that cures it...at least you'd have a direction.

My personal rule: use MS only if you have to! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.