Transfering files from PC to Mac

Reaction score
I would like some advise on transferring my files from my PC to my future MAC. How do I transfer my Internet favorites e-mail address, My Documents and e-mail? Also should I use Internet Explore Mac version or is there a better alterative.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
do not use IE for Mac. it is horrible. use camino or just use safari. they both are great. as for documents, burn to a cd, you can call it a back up if you want. otherwise, you can transfer them via a network.

D

DallasX

kmaultsby said:
I would like some advise on transferring my files from my PC to my future MAC. How do I transfer my Internet favorites e-mail address, My Documents and e-mail? Also should I use Internet Explore Mac version or is there a better alterative.
The way I started to transfer several folders of my own was to share a folder in Windows, the folder that you want to transfer files from. On your Mac, open up the Macintosh HD icon and you will see, on the left, a list of things. Click network and you should see the name of the shared folder.

Now, this is where it might be different. I had to log into my Windows box in order to get the files. The log in would be an administrative account.

T

turtletech

For internet favorites, I had been using Firefox on my windows box. I did an export favorites in Firefox then copied the export file to my new powerbook. In Safari, I did an Import bookmarks. It brought everything over just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.