Mail won't rotate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP 15"
For some reason I cannot get the email window to rotate when I rotate the IPad. This happened before and I cannot remember what I did to fix it. Everything else rotates as it should. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Never known just one app to do this.....

Have you tried a hard reset? (hold sleep/wake and home button until the screen goes black and the apple symbol appears)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I had this happen to my iPhone a while back, all accelerometer based actions wouldn't work. I would tilt/rotate the phone and nothing would happen. But this affected all the apps. I restarted, and it hasn't happened again.

Also be sure that you double-tab the home screen and delete the Mail app from there and then restart it to see if it functions. If not, a restart might be in order.

Along with "mrplow", I'm confused as to why only one application is affected by this..

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP 15"
I didn't think of a hard reset since it was only happening with email, but it did the trick. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 MBP 2.66 GHz i7 8GB RAM
I had the exact same issue with Mail and, like Steve, did not think of the hard reset because it was only the one app, but it also worked for me. Thanks!

Reaction score
Mail wouldn't rotate

I also had the problem of just the mail not rotating. A hard reset solved it for me also. I think I haven't been shutting the iPad down all the way for a long time and a glitch snuck in. But back in business now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.