BootCamp Control Panel Won't Come Up, PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
I've successfully installed windows on my macbook air (13", mountain lion os), and then installed bootcamp on windows, but the bootcamp control panel won't come up

when I click the icon on the dock and select the "Boot Camp Control Panel" option, it gives me this message and won't start:

"An error occurred while trying to access the startup disk settings.

You may not have privileges to change the startup disk. Make sure you have administrative privileges and try again."

I then found the bootcamp exe and then ran as administrator, same happened

I then enabled the system account, then ran this app with it, same happened

I haven't installed any update of bootcamp provided by apple, but is there something I could do without installing them? and if this is the only reason, how to download them (cm a link to it)?

please help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you download the driver image from Apple when you were prompted to do so during the Boot Camp assistant install?

OP
A
Reaction score
yes I did, if you mean that file downloaded by bootcamp in mac before everything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
chscag is referring to downloading drivers and burning to a CD via Disk Utility prior to installing Windows.

OP
A
Reaction score
what, boot camp have created an installation drive, and created a driver, named sth like "windows support"
so long I haven't used disk utility

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It does sound like the Boot Camp utilities which are part of the support files you downloaded from Apple have not been properly installed in Windows. If you have that image burned to a disk or flash drive, run it again while in Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.