Bootcamp Update

Reaction score
So I decided to create a small windows partition on my macbook in order to load a few games and a few programs taht have no mac alternatives. I read up a lot about how to use bootcamp. I ran and installed mac OS 10.6 because I had 10.5.8. I then did the software updates, all worked except for the firmware update which for whatever reason wouldnt install :S I dismissed it and went back to my bootcamp and found that it was still at 3.0.4. I knew I needed version 3.1 so I downloaded the bootcamp downloads from teh apple support page only to find out that they are windows applications. Online, in the few sources that I could find I had thought that the update should be done on the windows side of the instalation. So i put off upgrading bootcamp then and insteaddownloaded them all and kept them on an external drive for ease of access when I run windows. I partitioned the computer, ran bootcamp and installed windows 7. At the end, I ran bootcamp from my Mac OS cd and installed the drivers available there. I then ran my bootcamp 3.1 program from an external hard disk but found that there was an error in extracting the archive or something like that. THe instalation started nonetheless but then froze at 3/4 the way for a good 10 minutes. I cancelled the instalation then.
My computer has been usable but I am not sure I have the correct drivers. I ran chessmaster and it played fine but there was a bit of a hue on the icon text in the menu on top. No other problems were encountered but then again its not the most intensive of games. How should I install the bootcamp updated drivers? was I doing it right? and how can I check the drivers installed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Just run Apple Software update from within Windows (it'll have been installed for you already). This will automatically update you to the latest version of the bootcamp drivers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Don't think the external drive will work at all.

Suggest opening BootCamp Assistant, print and read guidelines, download drivers and burn to a CD. The proceed with BootCamp install using the Windows 7 disc. Don't worry about the ten minutes as it can sometimes be a pretty slow process. When installed pop in the CD you burnt and it should autorun or you can run the command manually.

Then select Apple Update from available programs and update BootCamp from there as mrplow suggests.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.