Battery Health....

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of forum posts about this subject, but I am pretty seriously concerned.
My battery health is at 87.5% after around 20 cycles. I know a 5 or 10 percent drop is okay, but this is sort of ridiculous.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Have you ever completely run it down (until it powers off) and then fully charged it? It may be that the SMC isn't fully understanding the condition of the battery if it's never gone through a full calibration.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hey cwa107!

I'm a little paranoid about hysteresis, so I do that for nearly every cycle. Ironically enough, it seems like my almost OCD efforts to keep my battery healthy are killing my battery faster than normal.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey cwa107!

I'm a little paranoid about hysteresis, so I do that for nearly every cycle. Ironically enough, it seems like my almost OCD efforts to keep my battery healthy are killing my battery faster than normal.

That may be true. The battery isn't meant to be continuously fully drained. Have a look at this in case you haven't already seen it:

Apple - Batteries - Notebooks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.