ways to backup my mini mac

Reaction score
Hi Everyone ~ I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I last week setup my new mini mac and now I want to backup it up. What recommendations does anybody have for backups. Is there a way to create an image of the mini mac? Your ideas are greatly appreciated.
Thanks you
:Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Easiest, go get an external drive and plug it into the MacMini and turn on Time Machine and point it to the new drive. I highly recommend getting a dedicated drive that is twice the size of your internal system drive.

This is the method I use on my Macs and it works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
You can create a bootable image(or clone) by using Carbon Copy Cloner or Superduper. I have a clone which I can boot from in the event of a internal drive failure, which I can then bring back up to date using the TM backups.

Superduper is a paid app and CCC is donation ware.
Carbon Copy Cloner - Home
SuperDuper!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
One correction to your post.... Carbon Copy Cloner is no longer donation ware. The developer changed that some time ago. It's now strictly pay ware. You can buy a license for $20.00.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.