strange goings on

B

Brolly

fairly new g5 user here, recently i've noticed some changes which i can't seem to cure, if i select an icon i get a black border around the item, i also get this on taskbar buttons, and anything else selected?
i've also noticed that i have double listings in the apple toolbar, i get restart, shut down and log off listed twice, the log off has different key commands,

both of these problems have started happening together??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
sounds strange... no keys are jammed are they?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2GHz PowerMac G5 + 20" Apple Cinema Display
I think both of these things are definitely something to do with "Universal Access" in System Preferences, although I can't seem to recreate it now, but have a look around in there!

OP
B

Brolly

screen grabs to explain it better :)

border.jpg

menu.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
The Voice over is on.

Open System Preferences > Universal access
and turn voice over off.

OP
B

Brolly

hmm, i went into universal access, looked around, saw nothing out of the ordinary, came out of that without making any changes and it seems to have cured it?

strange...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Ben is correct. That does both things you mentioned. Turn it off in Universal Access.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.