burning photos - failed

Reaction score
This is the message I got when trying to burn some photos and videos from iphoto that were uploaded from an iphone:

The burn to the MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-846 drive failed. The device failed to calibrate the laser power level for this media.

I have a desktop imac4,1 - running Leopard 10.5.8 - and iphoto 08 version 7.1.5

What can I do? used to have no problem...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like your optical drive has failed or is failing. You can try cleaning it with a can of compressed air by blowing a few short blasts into the opening. If that doesn't work, replace the drive or buy an external drive.

OP
M
Reaction score
Burning photos failed

Oh thank you so much! I will try cleaning it first!
Much appreciated :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Hey Thanks CHSCAG! - I used the compressed air can to clean it - and it now works! Thank you so much!
Now I have managed to put photos and videos onto disk - so grateful :)

Only thing is I can't play the videos from the disk - as it opens up iPhoto and for some reason I can't play them straight from iphoto as I used to - I think I may have updated iPhoto and now it doesn't play them! Even from my computer videos don't play from iphoto. I have some in iTunes that play ok - do you know what might be the problem?

I have a desktop imac4,1 - running Leopard 10.5.8 - and iphoto 08 version 7.1.5 and Quicktime version 7.7.
I would really appreciate any advice as I am stumped as to know what to do -

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.