Imac G5(isight) doesn't turn on anymore..

O

othmaned

I purchased a 20" 2.1GHz Imac G5 yesterday. It worked fine through the setup, configuration and installation of programs such as Skype, Stuffit Expander, Msn Messenger, and Azeurus. After enough playing aroud with photobooth and front row, I started downloading an Elvis Presley video off Limewire 4.1. I previewed it before it ended for four time and in the fifth time the computer froze and left a message the top left side of the screen. It was composed of few lines of syntaxe I don't understand with a final message that looked like : Waiting for debugger response. It was written with white letters on black marker lines. Nothing would respond from the keyboard to the optical drive so I pressed on the power button for a few seconds until it turned of. When I tried turning it back on it wouldn't do the chime sound and a black screen was showing. After a few seconds one of the fans enabled. I took the plug off for a while and tried again, sometimes the chime sound would come but nothing else would happen. I tried that for many times and nothing would happen. Did this ever happen to any other other Imac user. Do you think the Hard disk died. Any suggestions to what i sould do? What should i not do if i get it replaced by a new one?

OP
F

ForeverG5

Yes, maybe it is just a faulty model. Every company has to make one or two faulty machines once in a while. Call Apple and maybe they will replace it if they can't repair it. It is new, so it will still be under warranty. Good choice choosing an iMac. You'll love it once you get a working one. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
Be glad it's an exception, and not a widespread problem. I am sure that Apple will fix it right up for you :)

OP
O

othmaned

I got a new one

Thanks for the replies, I went to Best Buy where i got it from and when they couldn't turn it on they gave me a new one. Im happy to say its working fine so far although it makes more sound than the other one, very small high pitched sound.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 20"- 2.1.Processor, 1.5 G Ram
Bring that one back also.
My iMac G5 makes no noises at all. NONE!
No fan sounds. A small sound when burning CDs or DVDs.
Quite as a ................ Well cept when I have iTunes cranked........

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.