Savin Printers & Macs

Reaction score
Good Morning all! I have recently purchased a Savin CLP240 and have 2 power macs and 2 imacs networked to it. When the Macs print to it there is a green tint to everything and the midtones are gone:Angry:. When I connect a PC to the printer, the print is beautiful ans perfect in color. I have installed a generic drive, the driver that is suppose to go the Mac for each Mac and another type of ghostscript driver...all with the same end result. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I may do to get the Savin to print true color? I have also went into the setup windows and selected fine, 1200 ppi and so on.... Thanks in advance for your help :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved here to the correct forum as it is not a "Community Suggestion or Feedback" topic.

I see you also posted this same question to the Apple Support Community forums and have not as of yet received a reply. LINK

It may be without dedicated OS X drivers for the Savin that it might not print correctly. We always advise people to determine ahead of time if the printer or device they are going to purchase is compatible. Perhaps someone else can answer your question.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. This is my first time posting to a forum. I did check with the print company and the printer they suggested was the one we have. I also contacted Apple to make sure the drivers were compatible. They should be, and it prints. It just prints lacking midtones and warm colors. Thank you for your help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.