Installers Not Working

Reaction score
Hello -

No program, not the Software Installer from the Apple drop-down menu, nor any other program that evokes an installer is working. The installer gets to the last stage, actually installing the software just downloaded, and hangs. The progress bar never actually animates. Programs that install via drag-n-drop are OK.

This is getting serious. Cannot install any critical updates from Apple, can'g get the latest versions of any programs I've paid good money for, and some of them I must do because I am running Lion.

I have verified the disk, and repaired permissions, to no avail. Here are the vitals

Lion 10.7.4
MacBook Circa 2008
6GB Memory
~ 119GB left on HD out of 320GB
Both HD and RAM are ~ 2 years old

Your help is very much needed and will be very much appreciated. I do have a recent back-up via Time Machine, and am currently also backing up critical files manually to an external drive. The only hardware problem I have had previously was having to replace the SuperDrive, under AppleCare. But, I'm beginning to have a bad feeling, in that LibreOffice is refusing to load (first time), and I think (I know I'm now paranoid, so could be imagining) other programs are acting a little strange too...not as responsive. I previously updated to Lion electronically, can't remember how long ago, but not right away, so I don't have it on DVD, although I do have the latest TechTool Pro. Don't want to start mucking around with that until I get some knowledgeable advice. Please send the cavalry!

Thanks!

Vercin:Grimmace:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot to your Recovery partition and reinstall Lion. That will overwrite all Lion system files of which it's possible something is messed up or corrupt. Make a backup first using Time Machine before doing so. The reinstall will not wipe out your apps, data, documents, or settings but make a backup anyway to be safe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.