Mountain Lion Issues

Reaction score
Macbook Pro 13" 2011

After installing OSx Mountain Lion upgrade, on boot up, iPhoto, iMovie, and many other programs would crash on startup. Finder windows wouldn't open.

So, I booted in safe mode and let the shared library do a rebuild/repair. Everything worked fine in safe mode and the reboot afterwards.

I shut down the machine and when I booted it up the next day, same problem was back. So, I went through the safe mode boot and reboot process again. Again everything worked fine. Today I started it up again, and problem is back. I've since rebooted in safe mode and then rebooted and things are working okay now. I suspect I'll see the problem again tomorrow.

Does anyone have a clue as to how I can resolve this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you done all the Software updates available?

Have you run Repair Permissions?

Reaction score
Repair permissions didn't work for me - I had to 'option' when opening I-Photo; for some reason Mountain Lion had made a new version of I-Photo, with less than 10% of my photos! Found the original version thankfully.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.