How do i get out of DOS mode on my mac

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently installed vmware fusion on my mac and then installed windows etc. I decided I no longer needed this so my friend (who knows alot more about macs then I decided that to uninstall it you have to delete all of the vm ware fusion files on my mac. Once he did this my computer was running find than later in the evening my computer displayed a notes saying that i need to restart my computer (called a kernal panic). To try and stop this I reinstalled mac os x lion to my computer, once I did this I noticed that safari would no longer open, I got a friend to give me google chrome in the meantime so I can access internet and then I tried to download safari and start the set up. Instead of running it said - "This program cannot be run in DOS mode"

So the question is... how do I exit DOS mode even though my computer no longer has windows or vm ware fusion running on it??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You probably downloaded the wrong version of Safari. It sounds like you downloaded the Windows version which is why it gave you that error.

OP
K
Reaction score
Ok so that was that problem, how silly of me. But do you know of any reason why safari just displays the 'safari quit unexpectedly' message every time I try and open it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.