Auto Silencing App using Flash

Reaction score
Hello All.

New to Mac Forums, but would like to start off by saying that I work with a group of freelancers to produce iPhone apps. We recently developed our first app using Flash for our client, but not sure on what the code would look like to set the app to silence when the phone is on vibrate.

Right now, we have sound on/off in our options, but if the app isn't switched to off, it will play sounds even if the phone is on vibrate. Any recommendations for fellow developers?

Cheers,
D

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Are you actually using Flash on the iOS devices since that support doesn't exist.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Are you actually using Flash on the iOS devices since that support doesn't exist.

There is actually an Adobe program that will allow you to use flash to develop an iOS app. I believe it uses a variety of Adobe tools and ultimately cross-compiles it to a native iOS app. I've never done it since I don't do Flash programming, but here is some info on it...

See: Developing for iOS using Flash Professional | Adobe Developer Connection

and: Apple iOS, iPhone, and iPad app development | Adobe Developer Connection

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Yeah I have used similar Adobe tools to take a flash animation and natively compile it for Android, so thats why I was wondering what the OP was doing. I was playing with a simple animation so to sure how to access specific iOS API for sound and so on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Neither do I - I could only imagine that Adobe has some sort of wrapper library that one could use to interface with the system - otherwise how would one be able to handle rotations, gestures, or any other hardware based interface on the device? If one was limited to just a basic interface (buttons and such) it really wouldn't make sense to use Flash for such limited phone access functionality.

I really don't know - I think the OP would probably do better with this question on a forum that specializes in Flash development with regard to iOS...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.