Netgear g54 g111v3 and IMac G3

Reaction score
I have an iMac g3 500mhz without an airport card, and i wanted wifi. Went out and bought a netgear g54 g111v3 usb wifi adapter, because it said it was for mac os 10.3 and up, for ten dollars and brought it home. I found the drivers online and installed it which gave me the Netgear WLAN Client Utility, it doesnt open when i click on it and i cannot see why. I have os 10.4 tiger running right now. Anyone want to help?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have never used that card with OSX but are you sure you have to use the utility and can't just use OSX to configure Wifi? Does the new card show up in airport in System Preferences? The driver is installed and not just a utility?

Check the 4th or 5th post down in this thread. They give a URL to the driver.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20198

OP
D
Reaction score
Ah thank you dtravis! This looks like it might work. I will try it in the morn when I get back on.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I hope that does it for you. Please let us know. One thing about some Netgear and even Dlink WiFi cards and dongles, they change the chipset down the road making the original driver worthless. Lets hope yours has that Realtek chipset!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.