OSX 10.6.8 Printer Sharing Problem

Reaction score
Ok, I have the weirdest problem when trying to share a printer across the network. I did just upgrade my iMac (20") to Snow Leopard and have run Software Update until no more suggestions come up. My iMac has the 2.16 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 3 GB of RAM.

My printer is connected via USB to my iMac.

Here's the deal, I have a network and everything else is working fine. When I attempt to share my printer I enable printer sharing as directed, check the box by the printer I want to share (there is only one) and then, 5-10 seconds later the printer un-selects itself so it's no longer shared on the network.

I also go to Open Print Preferences and check the box next to Share this printer on the network and the same thing happens. The box clears all by itself in 5-10 seconds.

I've re-downloaded the HP print drivers (HP F4440 printer), reset the printing system and nothing helps.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.