E-Mail disappears from iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
Last evening I grabbed my iPad to look for an expected e-mail and I noticed that almost ALL of the e-mails that were previously viewable are GONE.

They are still viewable on my iMac. What happened?

Thanks

C

chas_m

IIRC, the iPad stores only the most recent email (the last 25? there may be a setting for this ...). This is because it is a limited-capacity device.

You can certainly search ALL of your mail (assuming you have an IMAP account, ie GMail, iCloud) to find the one you might be missing. With POP accounts I'm not sure.

Update: checked my iPad, how many recent messages are shown is controlled in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars prefs in Settings. I have mine set for the 50 most recent.

OP
TomServo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
IIRC, the iPad stores only the most recent email (the last 25? there may be a setting for this ...). This is because it is a limited-capacity device.

You can certainly search ALL of your mail (assuming you have an IMAP account, ie GMail, iCloud) to find the one you might be missing. With POP accounts I'm not sure.

Update: checked my iPad, how many recent messages are shown is controlled in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars prefs in Settings. I have mine set for the 50 most recent.

I'll check that setting when I get home. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 DUO,8GB,G4SE 8600GT 256,leopard 10.5.8
I have an iPad3 and I have to keep resending the email back to myself in order to view it. I received it and viewed it originally from sender, after 1 day its gone. Yet i have 6 others that have been there since day 1. So I sent the simple email back to my own comcast addy and within 15 minutes and one view it disappeared again. 3rd time for some reason its still there after 3 days. I did a search in all email boxes at the bar on top and it wont find it either. Also can you make a new mailbox or file for important/spam/ type folders like the gmail has when you open it. thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.