Photo stream not loading all photos

Reaction score
I seem to be having issues with photos stream. On my PC, iPhone, and iPad it only downloads around 200 pics from the stream,( have about 900). But on my apple tv it downloads all of them. I've completely wiped my phone and started from scratch (not a restore) and that still didn't work. It only downloads photos starting from a few months ago. But again im confused because it does work correctly on the apple tv. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!

C

chas_m

Photo stream includes pictures from only the last 30 days. Unless you took all 900 within that time frame, I think that's your answer.

OP
J
Reaction score
I guess I could be satisfied with that answer only its inconsistent with every device I have. If it only syncs 30 days, then why does my apple TV have all of my photos, and my other devices only have upwards of 200 but some are dating back to 5/14/12 which is longer than 30 days. And if it's only syncing 30 days worth, then what's happening to all of those other photos and how do I get them back? :[

Thanks for the feedback

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4ghz / Lion; MBPro 2009; iPhone 4S; iPad 2
Photo stream

Well, I'd like to find an answer to this too. My iMac /iPhoto / photostream has pics going back to when I started using it in June- about 450. Same number on my iPad, and on the iPhone 4 that I used to take the great majority of them.
However my MacBook Pro, only recently upgraded to iPhoto 11, will only show about 250.

How can I 'refresh' the MBP?

Thanks

(I didn't start out in computing intending to become an Apple fanboy...)

C

chas_m

I can answer the question about your Apple TV: it can pull from your iPhoto library, so all your Photo Stream pictures would of course be available.

As for the mobile devices, it's likely to be as much a storage issue as anything. The actual quote from Apple's web site says "If you have Photo Stream enabled on your iOS device, every single photo you take appears in a special Photo Stream album that holds your last 1000 photos. You can delete any photos you don’t want from the Photo Stream. To touch up a photo or keep a favorite shot permanently, simply save it to your Camera Roll. iCloud stores new photos for 30 days, so you have plenty of time to connect your iOS device to Wi-Fi and make sure you always have your most recent shots handy."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.