• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Did you get any Mac gear for Xmas?

Reaction score
I didn't really need any, but my brother got me this cool book on the secrets of Tiger. Did you get anything good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
The girl friend to got me a new iPod (60GB with video) because I was so fed up with my 4G. That's the only "Mac" thing I got.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
I got a new 120 gb hard drive for my g4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
My in-laws got me a black 4 GB iPod Nano... Haven't heard a work my wife says since :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook 1.33
I got an iBook and a nice Tucano bag for it for Christmas!!!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
My past three Christmases have all been mac related. This year I got me a video iPod finally. Now, I'm the cool kid on the block again. ;)

Reaction score
i got an ipod interface for my car, man it is great, no more nasty wires, just plug it into the cabel i put in the glove box and control it with the deck, it is awesome. and it is a prety install too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Griffin's iCurve for my iBook... looks really nice on my desk - much better than my 2 thickest books stacked on each other.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
iMac G5 2.1 Ghz with iSight
iBook G4 1.33Ghz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
stillimation said:
i got an ipod interface for my car, man it is great, no more nasty wires, just plug it into the cabel i put in the glove box and control it with the deck, it is awesome. and it is a prety install too

do you have pictures? can you give some details on what it is and what kind of radio it works with. i have never heard of this type of thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
send in pics on your posts of the presents

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
30GB video ipod, black. It's an awesome little machine. First time I've had anything to use iSync with ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
But iPod's now sync directly in iTunes? You can't sync it with isync anymore...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Aptmunich said:
But iPod's now sync directly in iTunes? You can't sync it with isync anymore...
In Panther I think it still uses iSync

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Benjamindaines said:
In Panther I think it still uses iSync

Still running Panther :)

Reaction score
Got an isight to go with my 15"PB. I like the camera design, but it's a bit large to hang off the laptop LCD panel. The slightest movement to the laptop, and the camera wobbles endlessly. (Even when screwed down.) For the money it really should be able to track the subject like the logitech, and come with a low light capability so an external light source is not required. The shutter should be able to close itself when not 'on air.'

Overall, nice design to go with my PB...and I'm greatful for the gift....just glad I didn't have to spend money on it.

...as for the ichat app...I wouldn't know where to start....it's a joke.

:spook:

Reaction score
Mactheknife said:
What's wrong with iChat???

It's intended capabilities....for steve to suck more $$$ out of us. That's my objection with ichat. The app is pratically useless unless you subscribe to the the ridiculous .Mac service. Yeah you could sign up for the free trial...but what good is trialware/crippleware? One should be able to use that ichat to logon to IRC channels at least or something of that nature...

In fact that concept of money grubbing has been my biggest gripe against apple. I love their hardware....they're all very beautiful as an object itself....and accept the premium price tag, but the hidden strings attached to them make them less appealing to me everyday. For instance...

ipod...steve really wants you to subscribe to itunes music store, but you don't have to...but it is more convenient.
ichat...steve really wants you to subscribe to .Mac service.
What's next? PB...steve really wants to charge you for switching it on???
It's getting ridiculous. Yeah, the're alternatives....but that's another story.

:dummy:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Well...

The sister got a 60 gig Black to replace her 20 gig 3rd gen (she got it repaired after the battery settlement, but the guys at Best Buy completely ****** it up, it's so scuffed you can't even see the screen).

Mom got my Dad a 4 gig, black, Nano.

And I ended up with $250 toward my 20" Apple external Display for my Powerbook.

So in all that's two 3rd gen 20 gigs, one 4th Gen 60 gig Photo, and two 4 gig Nanos, one black, and one white. That's 5 iPod and a top-of-the-line PowerBook... man Steve Jobs must love my family...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.