black screen help bootcamp

Reaction score
my problem is the same. can someone please help me? imac i3 using bootcamp to install windows 7 professional 64 bit.......it installs resets a couple times then black screen. ive tried numerous times and different kinds of windows also. can u help? all week ive been tryin to get this bootcamp up and running. thanks for your time

OP
D
Reaction score
imac i3
3.06 ghz
6 gb ram.
500 gb hd
snow leopard 10.6.8
windows 7 pro 64 bit
thanks everyone for listening to my problem. been trying to install windows 7(tried several different versions) and its the same problem everytime. it installs fine and resets a few times. and then it gets stuck on the black screen. i thought maybe it was just me being impatient but this last time i waited over a good hour before i reset the imac. please help me someone. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
my problem is the same. can someone please help me? imac i3 using bootcamp to install windows 7 professional 64 bit.......it installs resets a couple times then black screen. ive tried numerous times and different kinds of windows also. can u help? all week ive been tryin to get this bootcamp up and running. thanks for your time

Can you explain step-by-step what you did?
Did you follow the Apple boot camp guide?
Which version of OSX do you have?
Exactly which Mac?
Which exact version of Windows 7 (OEM, retail, 32bit, 64bit etc) you have? Source?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And please do not cross post or double post. Keep your post to a single thread and follow up in the same one. Cross post has been merged here.

OP
D
Reaction score
sorry about the cross post. okay step by step.
1.downloaded a supposed to be full version windows 7 pro 64 bit, but tried many versions snd still same results
2. went to bootcamp partitioned at 100 gb for windows
3. ran the windows disk started installation
4. chose bootcamp and advanced, to format it
5.let windows do its thing and start installation when reset 1 or 2 times then black screen
6. had to do a hard reset by holding in my power button on my imac
7.went back using "press any key to boot from disc" and tried to load up drivers using everything in the world they recommened me to use (drivers form mac disc, drivers from the apple website) but no go. said the drivers werent there

i then read and followed the directions using formatted usb to load drivers Boot Camp: iMac displays a black screen during installation of Windows 7 that Ibanezi showed me, black screen still stuck.........please help

Reaction score
Well, if you downloaded it, maybe your download was corrupt.
I'd contact Microsoft, and find out whats wrong, or download it again.

If on the other hand you downloaded it illegally, we can't help you any further, as illegally obtained content
cannot be discussed on this forum.

Ibanezi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.