Wireless Printer for my MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. If not, please let me know or move it to the right forum.

I'm looking for a wireless printer to go with my MacBook Pro. Does anyone know which wireless printer goes with MacBook Pro? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums

Virtually a recent printer is going to have support for a Mac and can be used without any problems. I have a Canon MF8380CDW which works great.

So find a wireless printer that matches your needs and budget and see if lists support for Mac that's the best way of ensuring that either OS X already has a driver for it or one is available from the manufacturer to get things going.

You can usually get away with using a generic driver for a printer, but having the proper driver will allow you to use all the features that the printer might support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
I use the Bluetooth HP 100. Wireless, cordless (rechargeable battery). Very convenient, range is about 30'. Use with MB Pro and two MB airs. Fine investment. Works in your car, truck, or, in my case, camper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Brother 2270W

Amazon has it for $89. I have the previous version, the 2170W.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00450DVDY/?tag=macforums0e4-20

EDIT: IMO it is always a good idea with wireless printers to do the initial setup with direct connect (USB or Ethernet) between your Mac and the printer.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your advice and help! I am going to get a Lexmark wireless printer from the Apple store. I greatly appreciate everyone's advice. This has been a big help to me.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would avoid anything Lexmark, Apple store or no. Lexmark printers have been problematic in the past and difficult to get any kind of support for. The Apple store also sells Epson printers for about the same price. The Epson NX 420 wireless and later are less than $100 and work very well.

OP
J
Reaction score
I would avoid anything Lexmark, Apple store or no. Lexmark printers have been problematic in the past and difficult to get any kind of support for. The Apple store also sells Epson printers for about the same price. The Epson NX 420 wireless and later are less than $100 and work very well.

Will the Epson Stylus NX625 wireless All-in-once color inkjet printer, copier, scanner do? Thanks for your advice.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
That printer has Mac support and has drivers for all recent versions of OS X, so that should work fine.

In the past, I've had very good luck with Epson, Brother and Canon printers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.