Static coming from my iPad

Reaction score
My iPad2 used to work great when using Skype or Messenger. Now when I use the voice on my iPad2, all my contact gets from me is static! I have googled and researched for an answer, but have had no luck. My MacBook works just fine, no static there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Does the microphone work in other apps?

OP
A
Reaction score
Yes it makes the same static noise when I am on other apps. The speaker works fine when hearing others on Skype or Messenger voice. and playing music etc. Its just from my iPad that my contacts hear the static noise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
So it doesn't work correctly in other apps? Then it's very likely you have a faulty microphone.

Do you have an Apple or Apple compatible headset with mic? If so try that. If the mic on the headset works ok then it's definitely the hardware mic on the iPad itself.

Time to make an Apple store appointment

OP
A
Reaction score
No, I don't have a headset, never needed one.

Just what I was thinking - Apple store appointment.

Thanks so much for your help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.