SSD Macbook Pro Battery Issue

Reaction score
I have recently changed to 120GB SSD OCZ-AGILITY3 in my MacBook Pro (early 2011).
I have immediately noticed a difference in battery performance. Maybe up to 30% decrease.
Is there anything I can do to counter or fix this issue?

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To add.... Have you recently upgraded to Mountain Lion? There's a real problem concerning degraded battery usage and Mountain Lion. The SSD may not be at fault.

OP
R
Reaction score
Im running Snow Leopard on an early 2011 MBP

I cant really afford to buy another drive, especially if I dont know that it will fix the problem.

Reaction score
You said you got it "recently" - how recently? If fairly recent, you should be able to return it for a refund and get something else.

OP
R
Reaction score
I would love to do that, but I need to prove that the drive is faulty. Do you know how can I do that?

Reaction score
I would love to do that, but I need to prove that the drive is faulty. Do you know how can I do that?
Not necessarily. Have you even called them? That should be your first step. Repeat after me:

"I think the drive you sent me is faulty, I would like to exchange it for another one."

Most places are fine with that - I know Amazon is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.2GHz i7 Quad Core 16GB 240GB 6G SSD+750GB HDD Optibay External USB SuperDrive
Not necessarily. Have you even called them? That should be your first step. Repeat after me:

"I think the drive you sent me is faulty, I would like to exchange it for another one."

Most places are fine with that - I know Amazon is.

Agreed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.