iPhone 4 SIM to 3G

Reaction score
I am planning on unlocking my iPhone 4 soon and getting a pay as you go SIM card since I will be leaving the country, but the only problem is that I have a year left on my contract with AT&T and would rather not pay the early termination fee.

A relative has an iPhone 3G which has been in contract for over two years and so could be cancelled. Would it be possible to cancel that contract, take the SIM out of my iPhone and use a MicroSIM to SIM adapter to put it in the 3G, and would this then continue my contract on the 3G without any issues? Could the 3G resume my contract without having to be unlocked and without AT&T knowing my phone has been jailbroken and unlocked after taking the SIM out? I've looked but haven't found an answer to this particular question. Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I have seen some guides online to make them work look on amazon for an adapter or YouTube.

Reaction score
It should work with the adapter.

I am not sure why you are concerned about the old phone working? ATT will gladly charge you whether the 3g works or not. Your contract will continue until you terminate it, or quit paying.

ATT is not in the least concerned whether you Jailbreak your iPhone....

Safe travels...

jp

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.