video clip import

Reaction score
hi! trying to import 37 minutes of a video clip - it is one clip
disk utility will only import the first 29 mins
i changed the size of what my disk was to 60 min thought that would do the trick but still cutting off import...any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

What / how exactly are you attempting to import this video? Most people don't use Disk Utility to "import" video to their Mac. What is your source media and what is your intended destination?

OP
J
Reaction score
i tried to import it directly from the dvd into imovie and it says theres nothing to import- bunch of file folders video_TS...

OP
J
Reaction score
wait! handbrake just resolved the issue. i tried handbrake before on commercail dvds without success but i am glad the download worked this time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Congrats, that was what I was going to suggest was to use Handbrake (after your first reply about what your intention was) - but commercial DVD's are copy protected and can't be ripped by handbrake (and the discussion of ripping commercial DVD's is forbidden here anyway) - but non encrypted DVD's can be easily handled by handbrake.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.