App Suggestion: Time tracking Desktop app

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

.. So It's about time for me to start hitting the books soon and lay-down my vacation attitude for awhile. About to start school soon, and something ive been really trying to find is a great app to keep track of my time.

1) im looking for a single purchase (free is fine but I dont mind paying if I find the right one) desktop app - not an online service.

2) I dont particularly care if it keeps track of my application usage on my mac. That would be nice but the most important thing would be the ability to keep track and analyze how I spend my time studying, taking notes, and many other personal and educational tasks. This is for med school and the pressure is on to keep as close to perfect time management as possible. Therefore, I really would like something that I can manually start and stop a timer for tracking (I tried timing lite and it just had a background thing going, I couldnt manually start and stop it from tracking) and something that will display a visual analysis of my results.

3) Ill be using this to constantly reevaluate how I spend my time studying and to see where I can get more time from, so I can limit inefficiency. Also, Ill be using it to keep track of sub-topics like different subjects and different activities, so something that can organize all of this in some way would be great.

Sorry for the long post but Ive been having bad luck. Ive searched everywhere.... on google I usually get suggestions that are online-based options and I dont want anything like that even if its free. I just want an app to use on my computer.

Also, like timing lite, it didnt have a pause button. It had an auto feature included but this will be for both using my mac and for keeping track of reading, etc where I wont be using my mac except on the side to keep track of my tasks and time management.

There were also tons of billing and invoice apps but again thats not really what im looking for.

You guys know of anything I might like that I could use for this? Couldnt find anything on the app store either... :Not-Amused:

Thanks for your help!

OP
N
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions lbanezi. Im definitiyl getting istudiez pro but It wasnt quiet what I was looking for. I found something very similar to what I needed - its called klok. It's an adobe air app and im trying the free version out now. If you knew anything similar im all ears. Otherwize ill just see how klok goes

thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.