Mission control dual monitor problem

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I currently have a Macbook Pro setup with an external monitor and every time i use the mission control or the spaces option to change desktops on my external monitor my laptop screen changes as well. This is fairly annoying.. Is there a way to lock one of my desktops?.

I have Google searched it but it seems like there is no answer. I was wondering whether it is possible in Mountain Lion?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Multiple monitor support has really gone downhill with Lion and ML.
Not only is the new Full Screen apps a problem (which, BTW, older full screen apps like Aperture handled just fine) in that the extra monitor(s) are useless, but the handling in Mission Control is a disaster.
Off course, add that to the perennial problem of menu bars...

I suspect we'll have to face the fact that OS X Lion is optimized for single, small screen notebooks, which is what Apple sells most. No, or very little thought has been given to multiple or large screens. (Just look at 27" full screen Address Book!)

Ibanezi

Reaction score
Yes, I would love it if you could change desktops on each monitor individually (wouldn't be bad to have an option to change all at the same time or change individually). It makes it very frustrating to deal with especially when you're running apps in full screen mode - renders the other monitors completely useless.

OP
S
Reaction score
Agh ****. Thanks for the replies. I guess I will look forward to this option in the future then I hope!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.