Running applications between users

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Mac Mini running Lion, on which I have Mac Server, along with MAMP (php / Apache software).

Presently, my personal user account (with admin rights) logs in, and runs Mac Server and MAMP software.

Then there are other user accounts, which allow other people to log into the Mac Server from their own computers to view server shares etc.

The issue is however, I need to allow (one) other user to access MAMP software.

With it at present running under my user account, they cannot access it.

If I set so MAMP can run under their account, then Mac Server software won't be running (as that is running under my account). I cannot give access to Mac Server software/interface to this user as I have specific share folder rules etc.

So, I am thinking something like this would work:

• On boot, Mac Server software runs as a service, but can only be managed by my user account (but still runs without me logging in).
  • A new user called 'MAMP' runs the MAMP software - then I can give people the password for this account.

But I have no idea how to do that, or even if it'll work.

Basically, aim of game is allow any user I want to access MAMP
Only let me access Server Software
Have both MAMP and Server running at the same time (and Server running without me logging in with my password, so on boot).

Any thoughts and advise, most appreciated!

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.