Strange screen at startup

Reaction score
Started my fairly new ( 7 months) 27" Imac this morning and got a very strange screen that I cannot find any info on. It was a grey screen with 6 round circles, three in the middle of the screen with animal heads in them, a zebra, a lion and I don't remember the third one. My name was under each circle, there were 3 more circles at the bottom of the screen, one was restart, shut down and don't remember the third. I wasn't able to restart from the screen so shut down with the button. I restarted and it slowly came on, and has been a little weird all day. I'm afraid to shut down - since I am in the middle of several jobs and can't afford to lose the data. Has anyone ever had this happen and what does it mean??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do not cross post. Only post to one forum and continue with the same thread. Your cross post duplicate has been removed.

Reaction score
Couldn't find anything on the WWW that even resembles this issue, I think I hear a chain being yanked.

OP
O
Reaction score
strange screen start up

Couldn't find anything on the WWW that even resembles this issue, I think I hear a chain being yanked.

No chain is being yanked...it was very bizarre, and I have also looked on the WWW and have seen nothing like it....I haven't turned the machine off since it happened so don't know if it will appear again. If it does I'll definitely take a pix of the screen.

Reaction score
Please do, I know I for one would love to see that :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.