iCal syncing issues

Reaction score
OK. Here is my problem. Just moved over to the iMac running Lion. I had set up my wife's and my mobile iPads and iPhones to sync with Google calendar, so I looked up how to get iCal to sync with the Google calendar. I have it set up exactly like the instructions say, and it read down the contents of both my wife's and my calendar ONCE but nothing will sync either way since.

a) Does anyone have any idea why this would be? I have checked the settings until I have given up. Find nothing wrong.

b) If this is another of my mysteries never to be solved, is there a way I can set up iCal to synce with our 4 devices and allow my wife to have her own calendar on iCal but which I can read but not write into (like my current Google setup) but will sync to all 4 of our devices?

Yes, I have explored the forums and the net with no luck. A lot of the info out there is outdated as it addresses the time when one had to use an Exchange account setup to make iOS devices sync to Google calendar.

Reaction score
You may have already tried this, so disregard if you have....

When you create and event, it will appear a dialog box where we can change the alarms, colors, time, alerts... In this box, there is a part where "calendar" is written with a small colored rectangle beside it.

Just click it. Then you have some options, in most cases three. Click the rectangle and it will expand. Under "On my Mac", you have work and home.

Under "Google", you have an option with your name.
Just select your name under google and it should sync flawlessly.

GL, Ibanezi

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks for this tip. I tried a number of things including subscribing to the URL for my private calendar. That brought everything into iCal, but with read only! For some reason unknown to me, when I inactivated the subscribed calendar everything started syncing properly. ??? Probably one of the many things I tried fixed the problem ??? Anyway, thanks for the tip above and I will save this in case the problem crops up again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.