pages tables

Reaction score
Hello,
I do a lot of tables using the Pages application. I want to disable the automatic styles for dates and times. I want dates and times to stay the way I type them in. Anyone know how to do this?
Thanks, Pat in Canada

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hello and welcome.

Are you using a template where the date is already set ? Normally you can right click over the date and time and some options will come up. Click 'Edit Date and Time' and choose from the options of format, auto, and set to today.

OP
P
Reaction score
dates & time in Pages

Hello and welcome.

Are you using a template where the date is already set ? Normally you can right click over the date and time and some options will come up. Click 'Edit Date and Time' and choose from the options of format, auto, and set to today.

Hi thanks for your response. Trouble is - I don't like any of the choices and just want things to stay as I typed them in. I insert a table and use the inspector function to set up the columns and rows that I need.

I'd like to change the default font, too, if I could.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok,
I just opened a blank document, inserted a table and started typing a date in random formats into some of the cells and it let me do it.

Go to Inspector and choose the Table>Format...what does it say in there...the default should be as below.

Screen Shot 2012-08-08 at 07.39.06.png

OP
P
Reaction score
Good Morning,
sure appreciate your time. My Format box does look just like yours.
So, I looked under the Cell Format menu and chose "date and time". I changed the choice for formatting the date, but it switched to another automatically when I typed a date into a cell. And, "none" didn't seem
to make a difference.
I tried to set date to None, then when I went to change time - both could not be on None.
Maybe my software is corrupted ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good Morning,
sure appreciate your time. My Format box does look just like yours.
So, I looked under the Cell Format menu and chose "date and time". I changed the choice for formatting the date, but it switched to another automatically when I typed a date into a cell. And, "none" didn't seem
to make a difference.
I tried to set date to None, then when I went to change time - both could not be on None.
Maybe my software is corrupted ?

Hello again,

Now if you choose date and time it should give you some options as to how you want it represented as per the screenshot below. That result is only for that particular cell so you need to highlight the particular cells by dragging across them and the choice should format the group of cells for you to work with as you wish.

Another option would be to just choose the option 'text' from the cell format list and the contents will appear exactly as you type it in.

Screen Shot 2012-08-08 at 17.13.02.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey thanks for getting back. That's really good to hear.
All the best
Liam

OP
P
Reaction score
It's nice to know about this option for getting help. Thanks again.
Have a good day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.