Macbook pro + Traktor pro + CDJ 350's

Reaction score
Hi, first of all im sorry if this is in the wrong place i have only joined today!

I have recently purchased myself a macbook pro after years of using windows, i specifically purchased a MBP for my djing, i have been told these are more stable than a windows laptop which use to crash and freeze whilst doing gigs.

I have my first gig using the macbook next week, the setup i have is 2 CDJ 350's connected to macbook using a non powered hub, i have been told that using a usb hub could cause problems, is this true? I have heard the power from the CDJ's could cause the usb hub to malfunction, i have tried this out at home with no problems. Also connected to the hub will be a non powered external hard drive with all the music on.

I would appreciate some feedback!

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What we normally suggest when attaching power drawing devices through USB is to use a good quality powered hub. Inexpensive powered hubs can be temperamental and cause problems with the attached devices and your MBP.

OP
H
Reaction score
The powered USB hub will not damage the MBP in anyway will it?

As CDJ's are powered, would it make a difference to use an unpowered hub?

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.