Upgraded to ML, now can't recognize iPhone?

Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 and it's no longer being recognized by iTunes after upgrading to Mountain Lion. It worked fine when I was on Snow Leopard. Also, I didn't do an upgrade, I did a fresh install of ML so I'm trying to get my music off my iPhone and into iTunes. Then I'll be fine by resetting my iPhone. I just don't want to until I get the music off.

I tried buying iExplorer 3 and it doesn't recognize the iPhone either. iTunes just gives me "Could not connect to this iPhone. Could not establish a secure connection to the device." Does anyone have any suggestions?! I would try Senuti but I can only transfer 1000 songs for free and I have more than that. :Grimmace:

EDIT: Just found an interesting piece of information. I went into the iTunes preferences and noticed that under Devices there is an "Unknown" backup from 12/31/00 at 7:00pm. That's weird...almost like a Y2K thing happening here, haha.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.