bootcamp failed to install wireless drivers

Reaction score
I just installed windows 7 using bootcamp. the first problem I had was that the windows installer did not like the partition and insisted on reformatting the bootcamp partition. no big deal, i hope.

the bigger issue is there are NO wireless drivers. Windows does not the see the airport.

Are the drivers part of bootcamp or windows?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Without knowing which Mac (year and model) you have, I can't answer your question with certainty. If you own a late model Mac, you should have received a message during the Boot Camp installation process that you need to download a driver image from Apple. That image can be burned to a disk or placed on a flash drive where it can be used later on to install drivers from within Windows.

OP
I
Reaction score
Without knowing which Mac (year and model) you have, I can't answer your question with certainty. If you own a late model Mac, you should have received a message during the Boot Camp installation process that you need to download a driver image from Apple. That image can be burned to a disk or placed on a flash drive where it can be used later on to install drivers from within Windows.

MacBookPro 13 with 2.7 i7 processor.

I did not see that message, though I let the machine run on install while I tended to other tasks.

Where do I find the drivers?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It looks like you missed the download alert message. OK, follow these directions carefully:

Boot your machine to OS X. Run the Boot Camp Assistant again up to the part where it advises you to download the driver image from Apple. Download and then escape out of the Boot Camp assistant - cancel your way out. Do not create another partition or go any further in the process!

Once you have the driver image burned to a CD or flash drive, boot to Windows 7 and insert the disk or flash drive and install the drivers. Everything should work after that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.