Control Zoom Feature Losing Functionality

Reaction score
I use the Control-Zoom (with my mouse) feature a lot. Since installing Mountain Lion, it keeps losing it's functionality. When I go to Preferences-Accessibility, it still shows it as being on and set to the Control button, but I must turn it off (or change it) then reset it to Control button, and it works again...for a day or so. Anyone elde having this problem or know how to fix it? Am I just going to have to wait for a patch in the system upgrade?

Thanks-

Reaction score
This was a known bug in Lion (to me anyway), something to do with screensaver.
Set up a hot-corner for screensaver and when it doesn't work, flip screensaver on/off. Should work again.
Don't know if there was ever a fix for this.

OP
F
Reaction score
ANOTHER item that has to be related to this same bug (this one is new) is that I always keep the mail preference on my iMac set to "check manually", and to remove messages from the server when checked on it. It keeps "slipping" like the control-zoom function, and checks mail automatically even though the preference still shows it as set to manual. Change and change back, and it stops...for a day or so. This is very troubling as I need to get mail on my iPhone or iPad when away from home, but I miss most messages as the iMac at home has already retrieved them. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.