• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How do I pull a window back on screen?

M

MFB

Not sure where to post this, so I'll try "Anything Goes". What is the trick for retrieving a window back onto the screen that for some reason is "out of reach". All of a sudden the Formatting Palette in Microsoft Word X "flies" off the screen when I click on the icon to call it up. I can see it coming/going, but it ends up off the screen. I'm using system 10.3.9. Any ideas?
Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
there has to be a corner or an edge or something that you can point and click on.

OP
M

MFB

fearlessfreap24 said:
there has to be a corner or an edge or something that you can point and click on.
No, there is nothing left of it to grab -- it disappears completely off the bottom of the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Change the screen resolution so you can reach it.
Best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
torchy said:
Change the screen resolution so you can reach it.
Best.

that was going to be my response

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Don't use Microsoft Word? :mac:

Or try resetting the toolbar (Tools>Customize>Toolbars)

OP
M

MFB

I tried changing the screen resolution, but the palette still flies all the way off the screen. Resetting the toolbar didn't fix it either. Anybody got any other ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You could try trashing your preferences for MS Word from the Library

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
hook up another monitor and see if you can 'catch' it on that one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.