epson r3000 installation - network

Reaction score
version 10.6.8

i installed the epson drivers by first connecting the imac to the printer via usb cable and installing from apple. the software installed automatically without an opportunity to provide the wireless router option.

i successfully connected the printer to the router using the printer buttons.

the imac (cs4) will print on the r3000 via the usb cable but not wirelessly.

how to instruct the imac at this point to connect to the printer wirelessly?

any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Epson provides a set of good instructions for enabling the printer for wireless. I just went through setting one up for my home office but the steps are too complex to explain here.

Basically, you need to use the Epson instructions and the printer LCD window by entering codes for your wireless network. The codes correspond to your Network name and password for your wireless setup. Since you have already got it working via USB, wireless setup should be easy. Your r3000 should detect your network. (The small wireless symbol will light up on the printer.)

OP
D
Reaction score
r3000 does detect network, but

Epson provides a set of good instructions for enabling the printer for wireless. I just went through setting one up for my home office but the steps are too complex to explain here.

Basically, you need to use the Epson instructions and the printer LCD window by entering codes for your wireless network. The codes correspond to your Network name and password for your wireless setup. Since you have already got it working via USB, wireless setup should be easy. Your r3000 should detect your network. (The small wireless symbol will light up on the printer.)

r3000 does detect network, but the imac is not instructed to connect wirelessly to the printer. how to instruct imac to connect wirelessly and not via usb?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, is the printer able to print a test page on wireless? If it successfully prints a test page, that means it's working via your wireless network. All that remains is to open System Preferences, Print & Scan (Mountain Lion). Select the r3000.

There should be two entries for the r3000: One will be for USB, the other will either have a different designation or the IP address. That will be the wireless connection. Just select the second entry and make it the default.

OP
D
Reaction score
using snow leopard 10.6.8

First, is the printer able to print a test page on wireless? If it successfully prints a test page, that means it's working via your wireless network. All that remains is to open System Preferences, Print & Scan (Mountain Lion). Select the r3000.

There should be two entries for the r3000: One will be for USB, the other will either have a different designation or the IP address. That will be the wireless connection. Just select the second entry and make it the default.

the printer will print a test page if connected via usb cable. if not connected by cable, it registers as offline on imac.

i am attempting to find the location in the imac that gives me the option of wireless connection - it doesn't appear to be at preferences/print&fax.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i am attempting to find the location in the imac that gives me the option of wireless connection - it doesn't appear to be at preferences/print&fax.

Did you follow the Epson instructions for setting up the printer for wireless? Until the printer is setup correctly via the Epson steps, it's not going to appear in the Print & Fax as wireless.

OP
D
Reaction score
Did you follow the Epson instructions for setting up the printer for wireless? Until the printer is setup correctly via the Epson steps, it's not going to appear in the Print & Fax as wireless.

thanks for the suggestions...when the drivers were installed from apple the installation proceded apace without the option of selecting connect via usb or network...installed usb evidently.

the printer is on our network, a windows computer is printing to it wirelessly.

i will attempt reinstalling the printer drivers from apple.

again thanks for giving it a shot.
d

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.