Mail Application

Reaction score
My dear friends,

Please how do i view my Junk Mail in my Mail Application? I can only access it when i open my Hotmail using the browser.Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hotmail strips out all junk mail from being downloaded to your machine. You can change that by going to the Hotmail server site and change options. However, I can guaranty that you don't want to do that! The best way to view junk mail is as you're currently doing.

OP
A
Reaction score
But I can't even see the Junk Folder in the Mail Application and just wanted to see it like it is with my iPhone and android phone and even in the hotmail app in my browser. Is there a way to see such?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't think so. One in awhile I get a few pieces of junk mail that will slip through the GMail junk filter and Mail will annotate them as "junk". But there is no way that I can see to have a junk mail count and folder even if I set one up in Mail. Anyway, I wouldn't want one because of the large amount of junk that GMail filters out.

Sometimes I find genuine mail gets put in the GMail junk folder but I have to access my account on line at the GMail server in order to read it.

OP
A
Reaction score
I don't think so. One in awhile I get a few pieces of junk mail that will slip through the GMail junk filter and Mail will annotate them as "junk". But there is no way that I can see to have a junk mail count and folder even if I set one up in Mail. Anyway, I wouldn't want one because of the large amount of junk that GMail filters out.

Sometimes I find genuine mail gets put in the GMail junk folder but I have to access my account on line at the GMail server in order to read it.

Thanks very much. Now that one is done and over with, is there a way I can see all my folders( created in hotmail) just the way they are in my hotmail in my Mac Mail app?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.