Outlook 2011 For Mac Wont Load - I Deleted My Microsoft User Data Folder.

Reaction score
I Deleted My Microsoft User Data Folder and Identities Folders in the Documents Folder. I Emptied the Trash too so they are gone and I do not have a backup. I Do Not Have a Backup but do not Need Anything as All Mail is on our Exchange Server. I just want Outlook to load so i can re-create my profile. I even uninstalled and re-installed Office 2011 but it did not recreate the folder structure in "Documents". When Outlook Loads it prompts for Identities to be selected but I cannot select one. Additionally I cannot rename or delete them. If I launch the Microsoft Repair Utility it does not show any Identities and freezes up. HELP!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's likely that you did not properly uninstall Microsoft Office prior to reinstalling it. Use the instructions given by Microsoft to properly uninstall Office before reinstalling. The instructions are here.

Reaction score
Just wanted to add Chscag is right, it's most likely you didnt do a complete uninstall as reinstalling it would have then properly reset everything. Using Microsoft's (or any product designer's) instructions for deleting an app is always the best thing to do.

I wanted to point out, however, that there is a program that's free called app cleaner FreeMacSoft

anytime a designer does not include instructions or you want to first try a shortcut to removing an app use an app delete program as it usually will find the spread out files on your mac and help to reset everything when you reinstall an app.

I personally use the uninstall assistant from tinker tools system but that is a paid app. If you are not very comfortable deleting or navigating through your mac's library and launch folders you can always try this first.keep in mind though using the designers instructions will always be a more complete solution to full removal.

So try chscag's solution first for a complete uninstall and reinstall and see if this works for you. if not get back to us - maybe there are some settings you need to setup in outlook for your exchange to work properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.