Which file sharing sevice is best?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12 in PowerBook 1.5ghz
Just got my new 12 in powerbook for Christmas. Wanted to download a file sharing service and I am seeking advice. I had Bearshare on my old PC, but havent been able to locate a Bearshare program for Mac yet. I have heard mixed reviews about LimeWire, some say that its really slow.

What do you guys think?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I don't use File Sharing all that much, but for the little I do I like Limewire on the Mac. It works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
limewire and bittorrent are both good and mainly illegal depending on what you are downloading

Reaction score
i use tomato torrent, i dont even bother with limewire anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I don't want to be a spoil sport here, but, from the Mac-Forums rules:

Illegal Activity: Mac-Forums.com recognizes that this is an international community and as such it is your responsibility to determine what is legal in your jurisdiction with regard to any topic discussed here.

However, in general, we choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.