Full start up disc

Reaction score
I own a 160gb macbook and the start up disc is showing near full. And yet when I check the size of all programs, music, photo's, movies etc I only come up with about 60gb. I don't know how to reduce the amount of crap that is not allowing me to do any new photo work etc. Any clues on how to find what might be a big replication of something or whatever would be greatly appreciated.:[

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Download and install the free Disk Inventory X from here. That will show what's using the space on your hard drive.

M

MacInWin

Have you emptied the trash? When you delete a file, it only moves to the trash. To fully delete it, you have to empty the trash. Also, if you are using iphoto, I think it has a trash can that also works the same way and has to be separately emptied.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.