Reinstall Outlook Only From Disc

Reaction score
My Outlook 2011 completely crashed to the point that it could not rebuild my profile or anything! So, I deleted the app, and now I want to reinstall in from the DVD, but I don't see a way to install only that program, and I don't want to reinstall the other programs as they have gone through several updates. Any suggestions? Thanks.

OP
T
Reaction score
OK, I went ahead and reinstalled everything, but Outlook still won't run--I get this error message with a huge list of problems. All of the other programs are fine. Am I just screwed? Here's a screen shot of a tiny portion of the details:

outlook.tiff

Attachments

• outlook.jpg
    outlook.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 5

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Office 2011 apps are a pain to reinstall. You have to uninstall them first before reinstalling. I recommend completely uninstalling Office 2011 and reinstalling again. Make sure you follow the procedures to uninstall given by Microsoft. You can not drag things to the trash to uninstall. Use the steps given here.

OP
T
Reaction score
Yikes...that's a lot of work alright! I think I'll just use my Apple Mail program even though the font attributes are available only in the drop down menu (It's my main complaint about the app.) Thanks, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.