Iphone - gmail account

Reaction score
I have my gmail account set up on my iphone 4, but when anyone recieves an email from me it shows as imac instead of my name of email address. How do I change this

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What does "shows as iMac" mean? Does it not show your Gmail address as from? Under General->Mail, Contacts, Calendars what is the Default Account set to?

OP
J
Reaction score
No it does not show my address in from, just shows imac. default is set to gmail... actually in general I dont have the option of mail! I do have in settings a mail, contacts, calendars option... and under accounts I see gmail...

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
That's great, would be good for you tell us how you fixed it or figured it out should someone else run into the same thing..

OP
J
Reaction score
It was fairly basic, when I went into; settings; mail, contacts, calendars option... and under accounts I see gmail...under accounts your email address should show and if you click on it you can change all your gmail account information such as name.

I did a test email to make sure and it was successful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.