Importing Photos

Reaction score
My wife recently got an iPad and we are trying to migrate photos from our PC and MBA to the iPad. So far no success-----does anyone know a simple way to accomplish this? Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You could use iCloud. Here are the requirements from Apple in order to use iCloud from a PC:

PC

Microsoft Windows 7 (Service Pack 1)

iCloud Control Panel 1.1 or later

iTunes 10.6.3 or later (for iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match)

Outlook 2007 or 2010 or later or iCloud.com (for Contacts and Calendar)

Internet Explorer 9 or later (for iCloud.com and Bookmarks) or Chrome 19 or later (for iCloud.com)

(Assuming her new iPad is running iOS 5.1.1)

If you don't want to use iCloud, you can use something like DropBox (which is free and gives you 2 GB of storage). You would install DropBox on her PC and on the iPad. Then, whatever she places in the DropBox folder on the PC will appear in the DropBox folder on the iPad.

C

chas_m

Is there some particular reason why using iTunes to sync the iPad isn't working for you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
My wife recently got an iPad and we are trying to migrate photos from our PC and MBA to the iPad. So far no success-----does anyone know a simple way to accomplish this? Thanks.

Can you tell us how you're trying to do it at the moment and what errors/issues you're running into?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.