problems with OSX Install Disc 1

Reaction score
for some reason, it says that there is an error in reading my disc or that there is damaged. i tried my sister's cd as well. i dont see any physical damage to the disc and it occurred on two discs. is there a limit to how many times u can use the disc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Well legally you can only install your copy of OS X on the machine it came with (or a single machine if you purchased the single license, or up to 5 in your household with the family license), so you will have to call up apple and ask them to replace the disc's if there is a problem with them

J

jn4jenny

Well speaking in non-legal terms, the install CD should technically work as many times as you shove it in a drive. But if it didn't work in two comps, the CD is probably broken.

OP
F
Reaction score
i used my cd for my comp and my sis's cd for her comp. they both didnt work in both situations. so i wondering why this occured and what i can do. is there any other step i can take before askin apple for a new one?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.