Audio Recording on a MacBook Pro OS 10.6.8

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
What kind of message are we talking about here? Are you looking to record an outgoing message, audio note as a reminder, etc.?

OP
C
Reaction score
I want to record a phone message so I can keep it for future reference if needed and I can't find my old casette recorder.

C

chas_m

It's possible to do this. If the message you want is on someone else's machine or a remote voicemail unit, you can use a calling program such as Skype to call the number and a program such as Audio Hijack Pro to record it.

If you have to use a physical phone, you can record the output of your iPhone or suchlike by attaching a cable from your headphone jack on the phone to your mic in on your computer and again a program like QuickTime X or Audio Hijack to record that input.

BE AWARE that there are laws about recording phone calls without permission that vary from state to state. This answer takes ZERO responsibility for this, it's up to you to find out what you are legally allowed to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.