Faulty mid 2011 21,5 Imac

Reaction score
Well so i got my Imac christmas 2011, and have had lots of errors with it. First it had a corrupt harddrive got that fixed a month after i got it, then it worked like a charm for the next 6 months. Then the problems started, all of a sudden it couldn't connect to the internet, bluetooth stopped working, it even froze on several occasions.
I have tried contacting Apple but that didn't help a bit.
So my question is if there is any way i can get a refund even though i owned it for over half a year?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So my question is if there is any way i can get a refund even though i owned it for over half a year?

We have no control over what Apple does. You need to speak with and work things out with Apple.

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Well, what i was trying to ask if something like that was even possible.
And i contacted an apple hardware guy, he said he didn't know.
Don't know what to do with it :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
You should insist that Apple repair your iMac. Should still be under warranty and put the ball in their court. I do remember hearing that macbooks and macbook pros have been replaced under warranty, but I am not familiar with the iMac line. Did you purchase applecare for it?

Bill

OP
S
Reaction score
No i didn't purchase applecare. :[ and just having the Imac checked can cost 100$.
I've had it checked up several times where they just tell me that they see a problem but then they have to check it even more which also costs about 100$.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
Here is a link to Apple with the warranties spelled out. Was this a new or factory refurbished iMac?

Hardware Warranties

Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Perhaps I should have rephrased my irrelevant question. I did not mean to imply that the warranty was any different between refurbished products purchased from the Apple store vs. new products purchased from Apple. I was just curious as to what was purchased since the individual was having so many problems.

Sorry...

Bill

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.