iBlacklist APP / Is jail breaking safe

Reaction score
Hi,

Got the new iPhone 4S and love it, however I have been getting frequent text spam that is highly undesirable. All I have found is iBlacklist APP to target specific numbers / text senders to be blocked.

iBlacklist requires that my 4S be jail-broken. I am old, and do not understand new-fangled technology the way I understood Atari and digital watches when they first hit the market.

Is jail-breaking my iPhone safe, legal, will it cause more problems than iBlacklist will solve?

What have you folks found to be the best program to do this, and how can I get started living life in the fast lane with my new iPhone 4S?

Thanks!

A

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Is jail-breaking my iPhone safe, legal, will it cause more problems than iBlacklist will solve?

Jail breaking is legal, relatively safe, but will it cause more problems than iBlacklist will solve . . . that depends on whether iBlacklist will actually solve any problems at all.

I haven't used the APP. From my understanding of the situation it is technically impossible (at least in the US) for an APP to do what this one claims to do (unwanted calls can only be blocked at your Wireless carrier). And, twhile here are lots and lots of positive blurbs on the net (most appear to be from iBlacklist's marketing) there are also many negative comments saying it doesn't work at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
I've jb every iphone that I've had and rarely had a problem. Make sure you download a cydia backup program and back up your jailbroken apps, tweaks, etc. If you experience a problem, just restore the software and re-jailbreak and then restore the jailbroken stuff. It's well worth it just for inteliscreen and their text feature.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.