Help needed for iPhone 4 hacktivation/carrier unlock please! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi! So I've successfully jailbroken my iPhone 4 running 5.1.1 with greenpois0n, but my friend's iPhone 4 is not activated so I can't jailbreak it before I try to unlock it via ultrasnow. They gave her the right size sim at a t-mobile store. I found a YouTube video demonstrating how do it via redsnow 0.9.10 beta 6, but when I go to program compatibility it doesn't list Windows XP service pack 3 or run as an administrator as an option! I double checked that this was indeed my OS and that I am my computer's admin. It only lists early versions of Windows and NT service pack 5. This is truly baffling me! Please help or point me in the direction of bypassing the activation. Also I found out it was an iPhone 4 by looking at the model #, but how do I know if it's GSM 9B206 or 9B208? I can't go into settings cause it's not activated as I said. I ask because the youtube video says I need to download the firmware file. I also am only suspecting it's 5.1.1 cause I think it's pretty new. This is the video I'm referring to: How to: Activate iPhone without SIM CARD! HACKTIVATE! STEP BY STEP! ANY VERSION! - YouTube
I'm a little nervous there's a recent comment saying it bricked their phone, but there's over 500 comments and from what I've come to believe through research is that bricking is a dated term and that bricking is almost impossible if at all. Any help would be so much appriciated! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

-Eva

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, we're not going to help you hack an iPhone and bypass activation. Also, the video you referred to is for the iPhone 3GS not the iPhone 4.

This thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.